Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Behind The Rhetoric

The thing that surprises me that while a large group viewed the posting no one felt it was worthy of making a comment......before turning this around and making it about my blog let's keep in mind the advocate is Naomi Klein whose public persona is much greater than mine.

Naomi Klein on Democracy Now

Naomi Klein was on Democracy Now! for the whole hour to talk about The Shock Doctrine:
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/17/1411235

Here's the best part of the interview:

I was shocked that there is this cache of literature out there, which I didn't know existed, where the economists admit it. You know, and this is what I guess I’m most excited about in the book is how many quotes I have from very high-level advocates of free-market economics, everyone from Milton Friedman to John Williamson, who’s the man who coined the phrase “the Washington Consensus,” admitting amongst themselves, not publicly, but amongst themselves, in sort of technocratic documents, that they have never been able to push through a radical free-market makeover in the absence of a large-scale crisis, i.e. the central myth of our time that democracy and capitalism go hand in hand is known to be a lie by the very people who are advancing it, and they will admit it on the record.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive