Thursday, September 13, 2007

Miller Has Finally Answered One Of My Questions

He won't roll back the TTC increase if I give him his new taxing powers but he hasn't explained why! Now I have another couple of question for him.......

* Has the TTC Commission recouped, from the Amalgamated Transit Workers Union, the revenue lost due to their one day wildcat strike?

* If he closes the 100 community centers how much will be saved in wages?

Why does the following sound like blackmail. Oh! Pardon me. I forgot it is proposed by Comrade Miller........

Miller offers deal on community centre closings

toronto.ctv.ca

Toronto Mayor David Miller says he will stop the closure of community and recreation centres if council agrees to hold a special meeting to consider two controversial taxes.

In a move to get councillors' support, city manager Shirley Hoy has already agreed to keep the centres open this Monday for some programs.

Miller says the land transfer tax and vehicle registration fee are needed to alleviate the cash-strapped city's budget woes.

Hoy had announced that community centres would be closed to all activities on Mondays.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive