Monday, November 19, 2007

Left Wing Deeply Invested In Dyno Label Makers

Jonathan Kay: Adventures among the anti-racists

One of the nice things about writing an op-ed column for this newspaper is that you get invited to speak on a lot of "media panels" at academic conferences. I flatter myself to think people are genuinely interested in what I have to say. But I suspect the main reason I get invited is that I provide "balance": Even when a confab is wall-to-wall campus lefties and CBC types, the words National Post on my podium placard signal there's at least one right-wing maniac in the house.

Which is to say, I'm used to being the odd man out. But I've never felt quite so odd as I did last week at Combating Hatred, a day-long biennial anti-racism conference hosted by the University of Toronto for the benefit of the city’s lawyers, judges, police officers, educators and government workers.

My panel (“The Media: Part of the problem or part of the solution”) didn’t start till the late morning. But I showed up a few hours early to enjoy the free breakfast and listen to the keynote speaker, a native activist and lawyer named Donald Worme.

And I'm glad I did, because a large part of Worme's speech was dedicated to the delightful theme Why Jonathan Kay Is a Racist.

MORE

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive