Sunday, November 18, 2007

SCC Gets It Right For A Change

So long, dorks: American deserters denied by Supreme Court of Canada

us-deserters.jpg

Common sense from Canada’s Supreme Court? I can hardly believe it. The SCC today denied the petition of cowardly narcissists Jeremy Hinzman and Brandon Hughey, paving the way for these two US Army deserters to finally be returned to the States after nearly four years:

In reaction to the court decree, Lee Zaslofsky of War Resisters Support Campaign lamented, “I am a deserter from the Vietnam war and I think it is a disgrace that it was relatively easy for me to come to Canada and settle here and it’s been so difficult for Iraq war resisters.”

Lee: do you honestly believe there is a comparison between Vietnam draft-dodgers and these dorks? Not that I respect Vietnam deserters much more, but at least there was some moral justification behind that position: Vietnam draftees were being sent to war against their will. Today’s deserters are VOLUNTEERS! They joined the army of their own free will, and enjoyed all the benefits of a military association. Running away when the going gets tough…that’s just pathetic. Goodbye, boys! And don’t try to claim your GST back on your way out.

Of course, this raises two pertinent questions: 1) when will immigration authorities actually get around to physically deporting these guys, and 2) will the Supreme Court now work on getting rid of the thousands of war criminals and terrorists who came here from overseas as bogus refugee claimants?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive