Friday, June 20, 2008

If I give You $1 And You Give Me $1 The We Have Reached Revenue Neutrality

Friday, June 20, 2008

Someone needs to help Dion with his math

My understanding of the true meaning of tax shifting is that you increase the amount of money one pays with tax A & cut tax B by the same amount, a perfectly balanced proposition. Then perhaps Dion needs a math lesson b/c as it was pointed out in the Globe, businesses will get back only 1 dollar in corporate tax relief for every five the carbon tax will take from them. This is not revenue neutral, this is a tax grab, pure & simple.

Labels: ,

It's not really a tax

Just think of it as a "pollution premium"...Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty is changing his tune about federal leader Stephane Dion’s carbon tax plan.McGuinty, who had vetoed the idea of a carbon tax in Ontario, now says he “likes the sound” of Dion’s plan, which was unveiled Thursday.Yeah... imagine my surprise.*

hall of macadamia |

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive