Thursday, June 19, 2008

What'sThe Big Deal.........

.....if this shocks you then it is obvious you haven't been out in the real world lately and you certainly haven't been on public transit when school gets out or in a shopping mall or you don't blog.


Joan Rivers Lets Fly With Profanity On Live TV

Wednesday June 18, 2008

Can she talk? Boy, can she ever, but what Joan Rivers had to say this time got her booted right off TV.

The sometimes catty comedienne was making an appearance on a British daytime talk show called "Loose Women" when she was was asked about speaking to celebrities on the red carpet at award shows, a gig for which she's become infamous.

Everything was fine until the name Russell Crowe came up.

Without warning, the 75-year-old comic said "get ready to bleep this" and then let loose with a profanity-laced sentence about the object of her disaffection. Rivers claims she thought the show was taped and that the salty language would be bleeped.

But the program was live and there was nothing those on air could do but apologize to viewers. The program cut to commercial and the guest was gone by the time it came back.

A less than apologetic Rivers joked about the gaffe afterwards. "In England you can't swear on TV before 9pm," she explained. "Like it's my fault - I'm still on New York time.

"The whole incident reminded me of my wedding night because I was to asked to leave in the middle."

But another statement from the comic was even more bizarre and throws her apology into question. "Yes, I swore, and I'm so f****ing sorry," her statement reads. "No one told me the TV show Loose Women was a reality show and that I would be voted off.

"It's funny: offstage, I hardly ever use profanity. My favorite four-letter word is shop."

See the excerpt here (viewer discretion advised)

Joan Rivers talks about the incident on her blog

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive