Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Are We Getting Value For Our $$$$

Salary surveys, IMHO, can be deceptive and the reason is that the salaries of those in middle and senior management inflate the perception of what the grunts earn. In my mind the clerical person that answers the phone and takes information about my pension direct deposit and punches it into the computer is more valuable than the the person sitting in the corner office.........having said that I reserve the right to bitch about public sector unions and their protection of marginal workers.

Public sector pays better than private: report

Canada's public servants earn an average salary far higher than those in the private sector, while the core public service workforce has swelled to its largest size in a decade, according to a new report.


Cost of swelling PS skyrockets

A decade after unprecedented and painful cuts, the federal bureaucracy has ballooned close to its former size, increasing its overall cost to Canadians by 50 per cent.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive