Monday, July 23, 2007

Is It A Fair Comparison


Personally I think we are taxed enough.....I work for seven months to pay all the various taxes leveled by the three levels of government plus the increase in city services.



Toronto

New York

City's financial squeeze could hurt whole country

Updated Sun. Jul. 22 2007 7:51 PM ET

GREGORY BONNELL, Canadian Press

TORONTO -- Toronto, the city the rest of Canada loves to hate, has fallen on hard times according to its leaders and while that might stir schadenfreude in some, experts warn ignoring the plight of urban economic engines can put the country in financial peril.

And for those who think big cities are immune to economic ruin, New York City's near declaration of bankruptcy in the mid-1970s should be a sober lesson.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive