Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Being A Scofflawer Can Get Expensive

How does that old saying go; "I didn't know he was a drunk until he showed up one day sober!" So I can see how people can get upset when they have to pay fines for innocuous things but if you do the crime you have to do the time. Get on board Rob!

July 25, 2007

Is it just a coincidence that with the city facing a cash crunch, Toronto cops seem to be handing out more tickets than ever before?

By JOE WARMINGTON




It feels like a ticket blitz with a twist.

Two parking tickets for the same infraction 30 minutes apart.

Regular parking tickets for being a minute past the time outside of your church.

Obvious organized stings to nail people driving in the city's diamond lanes, resulting in more than 1,200 people receiving citations -- in one week.

Do you get the feeling something is going on here?

"Something doesn't smell right to me," Councillor Rob Ford said last night.

It does feel like a shakedown sometimes. It's certainly excessive and, many times, unnecessary extra taxation on any already poorly treated Toronto taxpayer.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive