Sunday, October 14, 2007

Has The Mohawk Confederacy Not Heard......

.......that the City Of Toronto is in dire financial straits so their sit in/extortion tactic will probably not work like it has at places like Caledon. I can appreciate their concern about disturbing the salmon spawning when you consider the opportunities for living off the land in the Rouge Valley are minimal and gawd only knows how far it is to the closest Price Choppers.

Natives aim to save bridge
Protesters set up camp on `sacred land' to push city to spend $1M to save span near Toronto Zoo
October 14, 2007

Staff Reporter

A native occupation of land adjacent to the Kirkhams Rd. bridge began yesterday, and those involved say it will continue until the city decides to repair and save the bridge, instead of tearing it down.

David Grey Eagle Sanford, who began the occupation yesterday with his wife, Kim, and several others, says his family ties to the Rouge Valley near the Toronto Zoo, where the bridge is located, go back 500 years, and that native interests are better served by keeping the bridge.

"I've been on this river and in this valley all my life," said Grey Eagle Sanford, who pitched a tent, started a campfire and hung a Mohawk Confederacy flag by the bridge. "My ancestors are buried all through here. It is sacred land to me.

More

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive