Monday, October 15, 2007

We Come Not To Bury Tory But To Praise Him



Education still a big issue

Kathleen Wynne faces challenges from teacher contract negotiations to the funding formula

By MOIRA MACDONALD

Class, I'd like to introduce two new teachers. The first is Mr. Tory. He'll be teaching character education -- that's where you learn about principles and how to stick to them, even when people throw mud in your face. Remember why we have character education? Because this is a secular school, we don't teach religious values, most of you don't go to church/temple/synagogue/mosque and we're not sure what you're being taught at home.

Full column

Right idea rejected

I am not a Conservative and have never voted for the Conservative party, but I feel much of the criticism directed at John Tory is undeserved. He lost many votes for being too fair. In order to make our education system a fair one, we must either stop all funding to the Catholic schools or extend it to all faith-based schools. The status quo violates the civil rights of all faiths except Catholics. Tory rightly concluded since there was no way we could take from the Catholics what they have, the only fair and proper thing was to give to other faiths what we have given to the Catholics. Although I didn't vote for Tory, I feel badly that he lost the election for doing the right thing.

JIM YATES

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive