Sunday, October 21, 2007

I Will Believe It When The Bill Is Passed


Finally!

The Conservative government comes up with an idea that catches my attention, again...

Under the proposed law, a person convicted of his third serious personal injury offence -- which ranges from sexual assault to breaking and entering under the Criminal Code -- would be automatically assessed as a dangerous offender and would have to persuade a judge they were not a risk to the public.

Though the throne speech was rather vague, I have to say I have seen signs of a new robustness within the PMO. I hope it's a good sign of things to come.

I've been doing a lot of carping of late, about the state of the Conservative party. The provincial election felt more like a Liberal look-a-like contest and the feds haven't been doing much better. But it was during a pivotal discussion (read argument) I was having with Mikey, about this very issue, when he called my bluff and said "if you don't like the way they are going, the best way to change things is to get involved in the party and change things from the inside." I have to say, he had a point.

Though I would love to run for office, my life experiences and voracious outspoken views would be the kiss of death for any party foolhearty enough to put me up for judgment by the faint-of-heart Canadian public. I have however, been looking for a place to volunteer my time and effort towards a good cause that I believe in. A Conservative party that is actually starting to look a little more conservative could be that place.

Who knows...If they manage to pass this thing, I just might vote for them again.

h/t

Posted by Wonder Woman

1 comment:

The Skinny said...

that's funny. I just read in the sun this morning about a serial rapist that was jailed for life as a "DO".

Yawn. Wake me up when Harper does something of real note.

thanks.

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive