Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Agree Christina

Many of the working poor will lose a day's pay; small businesses that stay open need to generate enough revenue to overcome the extra cost; ie: if the additional cost is $100 you have to generate $1000 in extra sales, civil servants, at all levels, will benefit, etc. This is nothing more than a "give them cake" ploy.

Take a break on holiday idea

McGuinty's campaign promise of a day off in February poses problems for business, schools
By CHRISTINA BLIZZARD

It sounded like a heck of an idea in the middle of an election campaign.

Full Column

3 comments:

The Skinny said...

oh quit your whinin. It's a statutory holiday so no the working poor will not lose a day's pay you idiot.

And as far as I know thins now puts us on par with other provinces. Now I dislike McGuinty too but come off it this is just useless ranting.

I like the holiday and given how much I do work, I welcome it.

And yes I am a small business.

Unhypentated Canadian said...

Your mindset is much like your business......

Many, if not most, especially in the retail end are casual/part time and employers are not obligated to pay them for a statuatory holiday.

The Skinny said...

most? What world do you live in???

And you know nothing of my business.

If it as John Tory you would be applauding for us to be aligning ourselves with other provinces.

And since when is an extra holiday in a time frame where there is a long haul of none a bad idea???

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive