Friday, May 23, 2008

Reading Between The Lines

Jonathan Kay reads the Bouchard-Taylor report on "reasonable accommodation" in Quebec, so you don't have to

Posted: May 22, 2008, 2:43 PM by Jonathan Kay

The "reasonable accommodation" report, released today by GĂ©rard Bouchard and Charles Taylor, is a tough slog. Most of the ideas in it are sensible — and some are even admirable. But the document is written in a dilatory style. It easily could have been just 20 pages once you took out the throat-clearing, academic jargon, and general windiness. At 96 pages, I doubt many people will bother reading even the abridged version.

Fortunately, for you, I have read it. And to spare you the chore, I am reproducing the most interesting nine chunks. Read this cheat sheet, and you won't have to bother plowing through the whole report.

More

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive