Thursday, May 29, 2008

Don't Hold Your Breath Marni.......

Marni Soupcoff on Al Gore and Czech President Vaclav Klaus: There's a debate I'd like to see

Czech President Vaclav Klaus says he's ready to debate former U.S. vice president Al Gore about global warming. That's a verbal sparring contest I'd like to see. Klaus does a very good job of articulating the skewed priorities that many environmentalists embrace (Earth first, humans and liberty second):

Klaus, an economist, said he opposed the "climate alarmism" perpetuated by environmentalism trying to impose their ideals, comparing it to the decades of communist rule he experienced growing up in Soviet-dominated Czechoslovakia. "Like their (communist) predecessors, they will be certain that they have the right to sacrifice man and his freedom to make their idea reality," he said. "In the past, it was in the name of the Marxists or of the proletariat — this time, in the name of the planet," he added.

So, when's the smackdown? And where can I go to put my money on Klaus?

1 comment:

The Skinny said...

always looking somewhere on the globe for someone eh? What not a czech?

And oh my this would never see the light of day on your blog now would it?

oooooooh nooooooooooo.

Credibility here = big fat zero.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/may/28/climatechange.fossilfuels

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive