Wednesday, August 22, 2007

You Know Summer Is Over When........

* the CNE opens and

* CNE Ride Shut Down

Tuesday August 21, 2007

A ride at the C.N.E. has been closed down after a frightening incident on Saturday afternoon.

Roman Bari was riding the Sizzler with his four-year-old son when the safety bar came loose, practically throwing them from the ride.

"Midway through the ride, after it got into full speed the safety bar unlatched," he explained. "My son lunged forward. I held onto him until they stopped the ride."

"If it wasn't myself sitting on the ride, I'm pretty sure my son and whoever would have been with him would have probably flown out."

North American Midway operates the ride. And while they've never had a problem with the particular one Bari and his son were on, a website dedicated to carnival ride accidents lists off the Sizzler's spotty safety record, including a 7-year-old boy who was killed in the U.S. when he was thrown from the ride last April.

"I did some research and found out the history of the ride and how many accidents there had been," Bari adds.

In August a safety alert came out recommending that seat belts be put on the Sizzler, but North American Midway didn't follow through with the suggestion.

"This was a recommendation," said N.A.M.'s Amber Swedgan. "It wasn't a requirement, and we previously haven't had any issues on this."

The Technical Safety Standards Association did inspect the ride after the incident on Saturday and actually gave it the green light to re-open. However, the N.A.M. voluntarily chose to shut it down until they get seat belts installed.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive