Monday, August 27, 2007

Canadians In Afganhistan - The Other Side


I will bet that every major media outlet could have a daily feature that would recognize the humanitarian actions of our contingent in Afghanistan....does anyone have an answer why they don't?

Kandahar hospital staff treating Afghan civilians

Updated Mon. Aug. 27 2007 11:29 AM ET

Denelle Balfour, CTV News

KANDAHAR AIR BASE -- Hadiro Akbar wears an oversize grey T-shirt and navy blue athletic shorts, clothes for comfort, but they make her look tiny as she sits in a recovery ward of the Kandahar Airfield hospital.

She is the first Afghan woman I have met at the trauma hospital. In the 10 days CTV has been granted access to the multinational facility, most of the patients have been Afghan soldiers and police, some coalition forces, and children.

She is not in traditional dress and this surprises me a little, yet Hadiro hardly seems concerned. She has bigger worries, though she is stoic and her eyes are bright and confident.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive